•You are over 70 years of age;
• You have legal custody of a child or children younger than 15 years of age and service on the jury would require leaving the child or children without adequate supervision;(If you are employed outside the home this would not apply.)
• You are a student at a public or private high school;
• You are enrolled and in actual attendance an institution of higher education;
• You are an officer or an employee of the senate; the house of representatives, or any department, commission, board, office, or other agency in the legislative branch of state government;
• You are the primary caretaker of a person who is an invalid unable to care for himself/herself (This exemption does not apply to health care workers);
• You are a member of the United States military forces serving on active duty and deployed to a location away from your home station and out of your county of residence/
If you qualify for any of these exemptions, mark the back of your summons accordingly and sign and mail back to the District Clerk's office.